David Wood Memorial Meeting
IFS on board as title sponsor for David Wood Memorial meeting
A minimum prize fund of £10,000 has been secured for the David Wood Memorial Trophy short circuit meeting at Bishopscourt in September.
Promoted by the Motor Cycle Road Racing Club of Ireland Ltd, this year will be the third running of the event, which will take place at the Co Down circuit on Saturday, September 17.
IFS Global Logistics have been confirmed as the title sponsor of the race in 2016. The company has been a long-time sponsor of Ulster motorcycling for many years, previously backing Team Wood rider James Courtney on the IFS Ducati.
Charles Hurst Motorcycles (Belfast) are also on board and the feature David Wood Memorial Trophy Pirelli Supersport race will see a cheque for £1,500 going to the winner.
Nikki Coates is the current champion after narrowly retaining the trophy last year after battling it out with Robert English.
A club spokesman said: “Our thanks goes to Graeme Hanna at IFS for his valued support as it was important for us as a promoting club to attain a title sponsor for this event, which will hopefully help secure the foreseeable future of the event.
“Thanks to all our sponsors, all classes will benefit from a cash prizes and products and the Arai man of the meeting will again collect a new Arai Helmet plus a cheque for £300.”
- The McGrady Insurance Stages are ready to roar ...
- A J Plumbing Supplies Ulster SBK Championship ...
- Competition Time ! We have two pair of tickets ...
- Black Horse Motorcycle Festival ’19 at the Eik...
- 🏁Bishopscourt Track Day with Ernie Coates🏁 TAG ...
- MCUI(UC)Ltd Press Release 26/01/19 The Motorcyc...
- Classic Bike Fest Ireland 2019 An annual motorc...
- The MCUI Ulster Centre promoting clubs working ...
- The final round of the 2018 Ulster Superbike Ch...
- Buildbase Suzuki British Superbike star Richard...
- February 2019
- January 2019
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- October 2015
- June 2015
- March 2014