Irwin wants his name on Trophy!
By Baylon McCaughey.
BSB Superbike rookie, Glenn Irwin returns to the 2016 Sunflower race meeting, with his best ever chance of taking the coveted SUNFLOWER Trophy.
Having a splendid debut season in British Superbike, on board the Be Wiser Ducati Panagale, 26 year old Irwin, who has been successful in the past at the Sunflower meeting , with wins in both 600 supersport and Supertwin level, but the Main race win still eludes the Lisburn rider, but now that it has been confirmed, that Irwin will be bringing the exotic Italian Superbike to Bishopscourt on Friday21st and Saturday 22nd, Glenn feels will give him his best shot at winning the prestigious trophy, one that his Dad Alan has won on two occasions!
Despite starting the 2016 season as a Rookie in the ultra competitive British Superbike Championships, Glenn has shown great maturity, building his race craft as the season progressed, but knows, bringing the Ducati to Bishopscourt, will be another learning curve. Having competed, and won here on 600 machinery, Irwin knows he still has work to do, but isn’t coming to finish second best!
- Richard Cooper made the perfect start to his de...
- The scene is set for the 41st Sunflower Trophy ...
- Dedication and Determination!! Back in 2016, a ...
- Welsh road racing enthusiast, Paul Williams , o...
- “Originally enjoying the spills and thri...
- The wee village of Dromara in Northern Ireland ...
- Sunflower Trophy Practice Schedule ( All sessio...
- As in the past, the Sidecars have always featur...
- Newcomer to Sunflower is Darren Cooper, better ...
- Whilst all the attention may be focused around ...
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- October 2015
- June 2015
- March 2014