Glenn Irwin Returns for Sunflower Trophy Races
Glenn Irwin, winner of the Sunflower Trophy last year will make a return to the Bishopscourt race circuit for the 40th annual Sunflower Motor Cycle Races, which take place on Friday20th and Saturday 21st October.
Glenn Irwin who recently extended his agreement with Paul Bird for 2018,is a rider with outstanding talent who has had a stellar career to date, including securing his first ever BSB Superbike win on his PBM Be Wiser Ducati at the recent Silverstone round.
Glenn also had a great outing at this year’s Vauxhall International North West 200, taking first at the main Superbike race, after an epic battle with Carrickfergus rider Alastair Seeley,
Glenn is also the lap record holder for the Bishopscourt race circuit, when he became the first rider to lap the circuit at over 100mph at the corresponding event last year.
Speaking ahead of the event, Glenn had this to say
“I’m really excited to get to race at home again this season. I thoroughly enjoyed the reception I got at the North West 200 and racing at home is something I thrive on. I don’t take the Sunflower light heartedly and will be coming to defend my crown and put on a show.
Competition looks strong with other BSB riders coming and not forgetting the local lads who on their day could rise to the challenge. Let’s hope rain hail or snow we have a large crowd supporting us, special thanks must go to the boss Paul Bird and Dennis Wilson from the Hillsborough Club, without these two people it wouldn’t be possible.”
- Ulster Superbike Championship Round 7 Including...
- By Kyle White, Belfast Newsletter www.classicbi...
- Motorcycle Racing in Ireland is world renowned ...
- Carl Philips increased his lead i...
- Date for your diary! USBK Round 6 -The Neil Rob...
- Carl Philips took another step towards the Ulst...
- By Gavin Caldwell, Belfast Live. Former Irish S...
- The Mid Antrim 150 Club will be promoting Round...
- Round 5 of the USBK championship Bishopscourt r...
- Nutt Travel in partnership with Classic Bike Fe...
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- October 2015
- June 2015
- March 2014