Sunflower Trophy Races Barry Graham
One of the rising stars in this years USBK Superbike championship, is 33 year old Kilkeel bricklayer, Barry Graham.
The former moto crosser had his first ride on a superbike exactly a year ago at the Sunflower Trophy event! In a rather strange array of events, it was through his friend, and now team mate/rival, Ryan Gibson, that got the Bricky into superbikes!!
“He sold my car and bought me a Superbike! “Laughed Barry as he explained how it all started!!, “ And to be honest, Ive not looked back since!
Despite carrying injuries from moto cross, Baz started the 2018 season in the USBK Superbike Cup class, but after six Superbike Cup races, in which he won five, he decided to upgrade himself to the PRO Class, as in his words, “ I wanted to push myself, try and improve my riding by competing with the faster guys”.
Since then, The Kilkeel rider has impressed, by finishing in the top ten on a regular basis, in fact, at St Angeleo, Barry had the satisfaction of leading his first USBK Superbike race, when he held the front runners at bay for over a lap! and as we head into the final two races at the Sunflower, he is currently in 8th position!
Graham, is part of the JMcC Roofing team, which will also have Ryan Gibson and guest rider for the Sunflower, Carl Philips in action.
Whilst Barry concentrates on the racing, a Big Thanks must go to his mechanic Robert Chambers, who keeps him on the narrow and straight on race days!, and also to Liz Gibson, for keeping the team from going hungry at race meetings!
Paddock will be open from 2.00pm!
Information for Competitors & Spectators;
The Sunflower Trophy race meeting which takes place on Friday 19th and Saturday 20th October,also incorporates the final round of the 2018 USBK Championships.This is a Two Day event,
Thursday 18th October ; Competitors will be admitted to the Paddock from 2.00pm,
Thursday 19th October; Spectators /Motorhomes etc admitted to Circuit after 6.00pm.
Practice and Qualifying will commence Friday 19th October @ approx 9.15 AM.
Five Races will take place on Friday afternoon.
Car Parking and Viewing on Hard Standing Everywhere.
Friday ONLY ; £15.00
Saturday ; £ 20.00
Race Schedule for Sunflower Trophy Races
The 41st Sunflower Trophy Race meeting takes place this Friday and Saturday. With continued sponsorship from Jim Finlay, this unique end of season short circuit has yet again attracted a top class entry. Timed Practice will start on Friday morning at 9.15 am
Race Timetable –
1. Pre Injection & Cup Non-Qualifiers 8 Laps
2. Superbike Pro Race 1 10 Laps
3. Superbike Cup / Supersport Cup & F1 8 Laps
4. Young Guns Challenge / Junior Cup 7 Laps
5. Moto 3 / 250GP 8 Laps
Race Timetable – Saturday
Stewards Meeting 8.00am to 8.30am
Riders Briefing 8.45am
Warm Up – 9.15 am 1. Superbike 2. Supersport
Saturday Race Programme
1. Lightweight Supersport 8 Laps
2. Young Guns Challenge / Junior Cup 7 Laps
3. Supertwins / Prod Twins 8 Laps
4. Moto 3 / 250cc GP 8 Laps
5. Supersport Pro 10 Laps
6. Superbike Cup / Supersport Cup & F1 8 Laps
7. Superbike Pro Race 2 10 Laps
8. Sidecars 8 Laps
9. The Sunflower Trophy Race 12 Laps
10. Pre Injection & Cup Non-Qualifiers 8 Laps
11. S/Twins / P/ Twins (Junior Sunflower Trophy Race)
8 Laps 12. Supersport Pro
10 Laps 13. Lightweight Supersport 8 Laps
14. Sidecars 8 Laps
- By Kyle White: Belfast Newsletter The second ro...
- Motor Cycle Road Racing Club of Ireland ...
- We are pleased to announce that AJ Plumbing Sup...
- Bishopscourt Kart Club this coming Sat 6th &...
- The 2019 Ulster Superbike Championship got unde...
Derek McGarrity and Sean Topping have won the McGrady Insurance Stages Rally, round two of the McGrady Insurance Motorsport UK Northern Ireland Stage Rally Championship.As reported in the Belfast News Letter D...
- BISHOPSCOURT RACING CIRCUIT Due to weather fore...
- The McGrady Insurance Stages are ready to roar ...
- A J Plumbing Supplies Ulster SBK Championship ...
- Competition Time ! We have two pair of tickets ...
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- October 2015
- June 2015
- March 2014