Sunflower Trophy Races Ryan Gibson
Whilst all the attention may be focused around the visiting riders and the Sunflower Trophy Race, there is still plenty of action to be had from amongst our local lads, who are aiming to wrap up their 2018 campaign on a high . In the inaurgrural USBK Superbike championship, the battle for third place has intensified after the penultimate round at St Angeleo, where Fermanagh rider, Aaron Armstrong closed the gap on Banbridge rider, Ryan Gibson, amazingly, both these riders, being Suzuki mounted!
This year, Gibson, the 2016 Ulster 600 Cup Champion, now riding under the banner of JMcC Roofing, on the bright Orange/Black/White liveried machine has put in some very impressive results behind the dominating Gerard Kinghan and Ali Kirk.
The 34 year old Car Salesman and mechanic is only in his third season of racing bikes, took in an early meeting at Donington, where the bemsee club held their opening race of the season, Gibson came home with a second place and a fastest lap, which no doubt was an encouraging start to the season. Back home, Ryans lap times have been improving at each outing, which is a personal goal he sets for each outing.
The Banbridge rider also made his road debut at the Ulster Grand Prix, where he finished 14th in the 600 race on Thursday evening.
The former Mulitple Ulster & 5 Nations Karting champion, and son of former British and Irish Rallycross Champion, Lawrence Gibson,knows full well, he will have his work cut out at the Sunflower Trophy meeting to hold on to his current third place in the USBK Championship, but in true sportsmanship, quipped,“lets hope for a safe days racing, and whatever may be, will be!”
Paddock will be open from 2.00pm!
Information for Competitors & Spectators;
The Sunflower Trophy race meeting which takes place on Friday 19th and Saturday 20th October,also incorporates the final round of the 2018 USBK Championships.This is a Two Day event,
Thursday 18th October ; Competitors will be admitted to the Paddock from 2.00pm,
Thursday 19th October; Spectators /Motorhomes etc admitted to Circuit after 6.00pm.
Practice and Qualifying will commence Friday 19th October @ approx 9.15 AM.
Five Races will take place on Friday afternoon.
Car Parking and Viewing on Hard Standing Everywhere.
Friday ONLY ; £15.00
Saturday ; £ 20.00
Race Schedule for Sunflower Trophy Races
The 41st Sunflower Trophy Race meeting takes place this Friday and Saturday. With continued sponsorship from Jim Finlay, this unique end of season short circuit has yet again attracted a top class entry. Timed Practice will start on Friday morning at 9.15 am
Race Timetable –
1. Pre Injection & Cup Non-Qualifiers 8 Laps
2. Superbike Pro Race 1 10 Laps
3. Superbike Cup / Supersport Cup & F1 8 Laps
4. Young Guns Challenge / Junior Cup 7 Laps
5. Moto 3 / 250GP 8 Laps
Race Timetable – Saturday
Stewards Meeting 8.00am to 8.30am
Riders Briefing 8.45am
Warm Up – 9.15 am 1. Superbike 2. Supersport
Saturday Race Programme
1. Lightweight Supersport 8 Laps
2. Young Guns Challenge / Junior Cup 7 Laps
3. Supertwins / Prod Twins 8 Laps
4. Moto 3 / 250cc GP 8 Laps
5. Supersport Pro 10 Laps
6. Superbike Cup / Supersport Cup & F1 8 Laps
7. Superbike Pro Race 2 10 Laps
8. Sidecars 8 Laps
9. The Sunflower Trophy Race 12 Laps
10. Pre Injection & Cup Non-Qualifiers 8 Laps
11. S/Twins / P/ Twins (Junior Sunflower Trophy Race)
8 Laps 12. Supersport Pro
10 Laps 13. Lightweight Supersport 8 Laps
14. Sidecars 8 Laps
- Date for your diary! USBK Round 6 -The Neil Rob...
- Carl Philips took another step towards the Ulst...
- By Gavin Caldwell, Belfast Live. Former Irish S...
- The Mid Antrim 150 Club will be promoting Round...
- Round 5 of the USBK championship Bishopscourt r...
- Nutt Travel in partnership with Classic Bike Fe...
- Riders & Machines – The Classic Bike Festiv...
- Glenn Irwin vs. Alastair Seeley ROUND 2 at the ...
- Next trackday at Bishopscourt Saturday 8th June...
- The first Classic Bike Festival Ireland will ta...
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- October 2015
- June 2015
- March 2014