Sunflower Trophy Races Paul Williams
Welsh road racing enthusiast, Paul Williams , or Potchy to his friends,returns to the Sunflower Trophy races this weekend, hoping for better luck than last year,when he suffered a broken collarbone following a spill.
The 43 year old self employed Mechanic has taken in a few of the Irish road races this year, , including Tandragee and Cookstown,along with Southern 100 and Manx Grand Prix.
Potchy competed at the resent David Wood Memorial races, and along with his own bikes, also debuted in the 400 class on a Yamaha for PK Racing.
The camaraderie amongst the Irish fans and the support from good friends, Drew Patrick, along with the McCoy family is enough to entice anyone back to a race event laughs the Welsh rider!
They make me feel as part of a big family, ,no only am I fed and Watered, they help me with the bikes etc, just Fantastic, So Id just like to take this opportunity to say a BIG THANK YOU to each and everyone of the team, and wish everyone at the end of year event a safe and successful run.
Race Schedule for Sunflower Trophy Races
The 41st Sunflower Trophy Race meeting takes place this Friday and Saturday. With continued sponsorship from Jim Finlay, this unique end of season short circuit has yet again attracted a top class entry. Timed Practice will start on Friday morning at 9.15 am
Race Timetable –
1. Pre Injection & Cup Non-Qualifiers 8 Laps
2. Superbike Pro Race 1 10 Laps
3. Superbike Cup / Supersport Cup & F1 8 Laps
4. Young Guns Challenge / Junior Cup 7 Laps
5. Moto 3 / 250GP 8 Laps
Race Timetable – Saturday
Stewards Meeting 8.00am to 8.30am
Riders Briefing 8.45am
Warm Up – 9.15 am 1. Superbike 2. Supersport
Saturday Race Programme
1. Lightweight Supersport 8 Laps
2. Young Guns Challenge / Junior Cup 7 Laps
3. Supertwins / Prod Twins 8 Laps
4. Moto 3 / 250cc GP 8 Laps
5. Supersport Pro 10 Laps
6. Superbike Cup / Supersport Cup & F1 8 Laps
7. Superbike Pro Race 2 10 Laps
8. Sidecars 8 Laps
9. The Sunflower Trophy Race 12 Laps
10. Pre Injection & Cup Non-Qualifiers 8 Laps
11. S/Twins / P/ Twins (Junior Sunflower Trophy Race)
8 Laps 12. Supersport Pro
10 Laps 13. Lightweight Supersport 8 Laps
14. Sidecars 8 Laps
Sunflower Trophy Practice Schedule ( All sessions Timed)
1. Pre Injection
2. Production Twins
4. Superbike Cup & F1
5. Superbike Pro 1
6. Young Guns Challenge / Junior Cup
7. Supersport Cup
8. Supersport Pro
9. Lightweight Supersport
10. Moto 3 / 250cc GP
11. Superbike and Superbike Cup Qualifiers
12. Supertwins / Production Twins Qualifiers
13. Supersport Pro plus Cup Qualifiers
- Classic Bike Fest Ireland 2019 An annual motorc...
- The MCUI Ulster Centre promoting clubs working ...
- The final round of the 2018 Ulster Superbike Ch...
- Buildbase Suzuki British Superbike star Richard...
- Richard Cooper made the perfect start to his de...
- The scene is set for the 41st Sunflower Trophy ...
- Dedication and Determination!! Back in 2016, a ...
- Welsh road racing enthusiast, Paul Williams , o...
- “Originally enjoying the spills and thri...
- The wee village of Dromara in Northern Ireland ...
- January 2019
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- October 2015
- June 2015
- March 2014