Ulster Superbike Championship Press Release
We are pleased to announce that AJ Plumbing Supplies have agreed to continue as our Title Sponsor in 2019.
A much-welcomed boost for the series competitors with an end of season prize fund. 2018 seen the championship winners and runners up have a share of the prize fund of over £30.000, plus prize money during the season in excess of another £20.000 AJ Plumbing Supplies have several outlets in Northern Ireland, Ballynahinch, Newry and Banbridge and we would ask the competitors and spectators to support the businesses that supports our sport.
Metzeler Tyres once again have provided a package of product prizes for the Superbike, Supersport, Supertwin and Pre Injection classes, a total award tyres package worth of £12k.
Associate sponsors also return, Chimney Corner Hotel under Loughview Leisure Group Ltd, Rea Timber Craft – Crumlin, Signstik – Dundrod and we welcome Magic Bullet Fuel Treatments onboard, who will provide awards for the Junior Cup/SS300 and Young Guns at each event.
Round one of The 2019 USBK Championship was completed at Bishopscourt on the 30th March, it was a great opening event to the 2019 season and promoted by the Temple Club. It was encouraging to see the number of spectators that attended, which was up on last years event, we hope this will continue for the rest of this season.
We now look forward to the Easter Weekend when Rounds 2 & 3 take place. The 43rd Enkalon Trophy Races on Easter Saturdays Round 2 at Bishopscourt . 9am practice and the race program from 11am. Current USBK Superbike Champion and 2018 Enkalon Trophy winner Gerard Kinghan will be out to retain the trophy and score some valuable USBK points after an incident in Round 1 left him with zero points. The Superbikes have a stronger field of competitors this year and the racing should be a lot closer. Ali Kirk, Aaron Armstrong, David Haire, Ryan Gibson, Nico Mawhinney, Gary McCoy and current championship leader Carl Phillips all capable of winning, also in contention will be upgraded competitors Barry Graham, Stephen Magill. We welcome back for Easter Scottish visitors Donald McFadyen and Kris Duncan, we hope they enjoy their racing weekend. Supersport class has Mark Conlin, Christian Elkin, Jack Waring, Derek Craig, Darren Keys and Brian McCormack entered. Other classes include SS300, Young Guns, Junior Cup, Pre Injection, Supertwins, Sidecars, Cup, Lightweight Supersport and Moto 3.
The Championship moves across Strangford Lough to Kirkistown for Round 3 on Easter Monday. The King of Kirkistown is the main event. It was First held in 1968, the last running of the race was staged in 2010, when Marshall Neill added his name to an illustrious list of past winners, including Gerry Mateer, Tommy Robb, Abe Alexander, Ray McCullough, Noel Hudson, Ian McGregor, Alan Irwin, George Farlow, Steven Cull and Phillip McCallen. Joey Dunlop was also crowned King of Kirkistown during his unprecedented career and remains the only rider ever to win the feature race three times, taking wins in 1975, 1977 and 1980. All the main contenders from Easter Saturday are entered at Kirkistown and will surely be wanting to get their hands on this Trophy. Practice at 9am and racing from 1pm. Again, all the championship classes are catered for except for Classics.
The ten round USBK Championship has two rounds in April, June and September. One in March, July, August and October. The first time for the Enniskillen Club to host the Final round at St Angelo on the 5th October.
- R1 Saturday 30th March – Bishopscourt – Temple MC & AC
- R2 Easter Sat 20th April – Bishopscourt – Enkalon Trophy – MCRRCI
- R3 Easter Mon 22nd April – Kirkistown – King of Kirkistown – B & D
- R4 Saturday 1st June – Kirkistown – Presidents Cup – B & D
- R5 Saturday 15th June – Bishopscourt Short – Mid Antrim MCC
- R6 Sat 20th Sun 21st July – Bishopscourt – Neil Robinsons Memorial – Mid Antrim
- R7 Saturday 17th Aug – Bishopscourt – Norman Brown Memorial – Bishopscourt
- R8 Saturday 7th September – Kirkistown – Crown Prince Trophy – B&D
- R9 Sat 21st Sun 22nd Sept –Bishopscourt – IFS David Wood Trophy Races – MCRRCI
- R10 Saturday 5th October – St Angelo – Enniskillen 100 Revival – Enniskillen
Visit our website for event details http://ulstersbk.co.uk
- By Kyle White: Belfast Newsletter The second ro...
- Motor Cycle Road Racing Club of Ireland ...
- We are pleased to announce that AJ Plumbing Sup...
- Bishopscourt Kart Club this coming Sat 6th &...
- The 2019 Ulster Superbike Championship got unde...
Derek McGarrity and Sean Topping have won the McGrady Insurance Stages Rally, round two of the McGrady Insurance Motorsport UK Northern Ireland Stage Rally Championship.As reported in the Belfast News Letter D...
- BISHOPSCOURT RACING CIRCUIT Due to weather fore...
- The McGrady Insurance Stages are ready to roar ...
- A J Plumbing Supplies Ulster SBK Championship ...
- Competition Time ! We have two pair of tickets ...
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- October 2015
- June 2015
- March 2014