Sunflower Trophy Scott McCrory
Current recipitent of the Davy Woods Scholarship, 17 year old Larne rider, Scott McCrory, returns to the Sunflower for his second time. The former junior moto cross rider transferred his abilities to short circuit racing at the beginning of 2018,and since then has shown great maturity in his race craft.
In his first season, Scott achieved no less than 10 Podium finishes, having competed at each of the Short Circuits in Ireland ( Mondello Masters and USBK).
His performances on track, coupled with his approach to racing in general, saw him win the 2019 Davy Woods Memorial Trophy, and along with this prestigious trophy, the Davy Wood Scholarship, a much sought after award for the younger riders of our sport.
Scott certainly justified the judges in this scholarship, where in 2019, prior next weekends event, has amassed no less than 21 podium placings, along with Fastest laps, and this was despite missing a few meetings due to bike problems!
Son of former Production racer, Al McCrory ( TZR 250) Scott, admits that he is probably getting a bit tall for the smaller capacity bikes, and could well move into the 600 or Twins class for 2010, albeit, all depending on sponsorship!
For the record, Scott will compete in the Junior Cup class at the 42nd Sunflower Trophy races, on the 390 KTM,#20.
Scott would also like ot take this opportunity to Thank his supportive sponsors; Present Sponsors: The Music Yard, Charles Hurst Motorcycles, Sammy Crossett Motorcycles Family- Heather & Nigel Kerr, Robert Copeland, Mum & Dad. Wouldn’t be here without Davey Mulligan Offroad Academy.
“The Sunflower is the end of year showcase event, where there are big names, full grids and great crowds watching, an opportunity to show of the racing skills of our local talent and young racers. Its great close racing, one not to be missed. “
2019 Sunflower Qualifying and Race Programme
BISHOPSCOURT RACING CIRCUIT
Qualifying (Friday 9.15am) All sessions are timed.
1. Pre Injection
2. Supertwins / Production Twins
3. Superbike Cup
4. Superbike Pro
6. Supersport Cup
7. Supersport Pro
8. Lightweight Supersport / 250GP / Moto 3
9. Superbike Pro and Superbike Cup Qualifiers
10. Supertwins / Production Twins Qualifiers
11. Supersport Pro and Supersport Cup Qualifiers
12. Young Guns Challenge / Junior Cup / Supersport 300
Race Timetable – Friday (Podium Presentation after each race)
1. Pre Injection 8 Laps
2. Superbike Pro 10 Laps
3. Superbike Cup / Supersport Cup B Race 8 Laps
4. Young Guns Challenge / Junior Cup / SS300 7 Laps
5. Sidecars Sprint Race 6 Laps
Race Timetable – Saturday
Stewards Meeting 8.00am to 8.30am
Riders Briefing 8.45am
Warm Up – 9.15 am
Saturday Race Programme (Podium Presentation after each race except races 3, 4 & 6)
1. Lightweight Supersport / 250GP / Moto 3 8 Laps
2. Young Guns Challenge / Junior Cup / SS300 7 Laps
3. Supertwins / Production Twins 8 Laps
4. Superbike Pro 10 Laps
5. Sidecars 8 Laps
6. Supersport Pro 10 Laps
Lunch Break (Including Podium Presentation for Supersport, Superbike & Supertwins)
7. Pre Injection 8 Laps
8. The Sunflower Trophy Race 12 Laps
9. Superbike Cup / Supersport Cup B Race 8 Laps
10. S/Twins / P/ Twins (Junior Sunflower Trophy Race) 8 Laps
11. Lightweight Supersport / 250GP / Moto 3 8 Laps
12. Supersport Pro 10 Laps
13 Sidecars 8 Laps
Friday £15. Saturday £20. Week end Thursday late until Saturday close of racing £25.
Full colour A4 size Programme “free” Carpark “free” Camper / motor homes “free. Under 15 “free”
- We are delighted to OPEN APPLICATIONS for anoth...
- By Kyle White:- Belfast Newsletter Leading Iris...
- By Kyle White, Belfast Newsletter. Michael Dunl...
- By Kyle, White Belfast Newsletter Leading Irish...
- JONATHAN REA NAMED IRISH MOTORCYCLIST OF...
- By BBC Sport NI Armoy Road Racing Club is ̶...
- By Roy Harris:- Belfast Telegraph Race legend P...
- By Kyle White Belfast Newsletter:- The governin...
- Issued by Coleraine and District Motor Club Ltd...
- By Kyle White:- Belfast Newsletter The Mid Antr...