Sunflower Trophy Simon Reid
The name Reid has been synonymous with irish road racing, with Brian Reid, a former Irish and Ulster road racing champion, as well as being the Formula Two champion and TT winner.
So it come as no surprise, that son Simon would follow his Dad in the world of two wheels.
However it wasn’t the high octane fuel driven two wheels that Simon started out on! His interest in BMX racing took him to various championships, before deciding to tackle something faster!
And what a start to his career, on board the Supertwin, Simon had a fairytale debut season, clinching the Irish championship at his first attempt!
For 2018, Simon moved up to the 600 supersport class, and finished second in the Cup championship, but more impressive, was the fact that he took 3rd overall in the series!
Having achieved such success in a short space of time, Simon decided to venture across the water this year in the 600 British Superstock championship.
To the outsider, Top ten finishes might not seem attractive, but lets look at it from the riders perspective, each circuit is a new circuit for Simon, so to end his first season in the top level championship in 19th place, but reflecting on his finish at Brands Hatch on Sunday last, his 11th place was just over Three seconds adrift of race winner and Champion Korie McGreevey!!
Reid will bring his Silicone Yamaha to the Bishopscourt Racing circuit this weekend for the 42nd Sunflower event, and will mix with the likes of Richard Kerr, Harry ,Trueman ( top 6 in BSB Supersport 600 class),
In his own words ;“Looking forward to heading to the Sunflower meeting, after a tough year learning the English circuits at BSB I cant wait to ride at a circuit I am most familiar with, I’m going to be riding my superstock against the supersport bikes but that’ll only add to the fun, it’s always a great weekend with good atmosphere, I will have a busy 2 weeks coming from Brands Hatch , but it will be a good end to the year.”
Sunflower Qualifying and Race Programme
BISHOPSCOURT RACING CIRCUIT
Qualifying (Friday 9.15am) All sessions are timed.
1. Pre Injection
2. Supertwins / Production Twins
3. Superbike Cup
4. Superbike Pro
6. Supersport Cup
7. Supersport Pro
8. Lightweight Supersport / 250GP / Moto 3
9. Superbike Pro and Superbike Cup Qualifiers
10. Supertwins / Production Twins Qualifiers
11. Supersport Pro and Supersport Cup Qualifiers
12. Young Guns Challenge / Junior Cup / Supersport 300
Race Timetable – Friday (Podium Presentation after each race)
1. Pre Injection 8 Laps
2. Superbike Pro 10 Laps
3. Superbike Cup / Supersport Cup B Race 8 Laps
4. Young Guns Challenge / Junior Cup / SS300 7 Laps
5. Sidecars Sprint Race 6 Laps
Race Timetable – Saturday
Stewards Meeting 8.00am to 8.30am
Riders Briefing 8.45am
Warm Up – 9.15 am
Saturday Race Programme (Podium Presentation after each race except races 3, 4 & 6)
1. Lightweight Supersport / 250GP / Moto 3 8 Laps
2. Young Guns Challenge / Junior Cup / SS300 7 Laps
3. Supertwins / Production Twins 8 Laps
4. Superbike Pro 10 Laps
5. Sidecars 8 Laps
6. Supersport Pro 10 Laps
Lunch Break (Including Podium Presentation for Supersport, Superbike & Supertwins)
7. Pre Injection 8 Laps
8. The Sunflower Trophy Race 12 Laps
9. Superbike Cup / Supersport Cup B Race 8 Laps
10. S/Twins / P/ Twins (Junior Sunflower Trophy Race) 8 Laps
11. Lightweight Supersport / 250GP / Moto 3 8 Laps
12. Supersport Pro 10 Laps
13 Sidecars 8 Laps
Friday £15. Saturday £20. Week end Thursday late until Saturday close of racing £25.
Full colour A4 size Programme “free” Carpark “free” Camper / motor homes “free. Under 15 “free”
- We are delighted to OPEN APPLICATIONS for anoth...
- By Kyle White:- Belfast Newsletter Leading Iris...
- By Kyle White, Belfast Newsletter. Michael Dunl...
- By Kyle, White Belfast Newsletter Leading Irish...
- JONATHAN REA NAMED IRISH MOTORCYCLIST OF...
- By BBC Sport NI Armoy Road Racing Club is ̶...
- By Roy Harris:- Belfast Telegraph Race legend P...
- By Kyle White Belfast Newsletter:- The governin...
- Issued by Coleraine and District Motor Club Ltd...
- By Kyle White:- Belfast Newsletter The Mid Antr...