Sunflower Trophy Kevin Lavery
23 Year old Kevin Lavery admits to been a rather late starter to short circuit racing, Having dabbled at Trials for a few years, it came as no surprise, that he decided to try his hand at circuit racing. His Dad, Brian, competed on the Irish circuit and road scene many years ago, including the MGP, So Motorcycling has played a big part of Kevins life.
The Blackwatertown mechanic soon got to grips with the transition to tarmac, and after his first season, got himself more prepared for 2017.
Kevin, went on to take second in the Production Twins championship, and this was despite missing the final round, ironically at the Sunflower, due to his brothers wedding the same day!
For 2019, Kevin moved up to the supertwins class, on board a KMR Kawasaki, and along with his near neighbour, Gary Mccoy, produced some fantastic racing, unfortunately, a mid season mishap, resulting in a broken wrist, hampered his progress, and had to settle for second place in the Championship.
For Kevin, who also competes in the 600 Supersport class on board the Moira MCC Honda, this will only be his second Sunflower meeting, where he hopes to mix with the additional riders to this event in the Twins races.
“I would like to thank all my sponsors for all there help through out the year and also thank everyone that comes to racing to help me out and support me.”
Hughes truck and trailer
Corr brothers Armagh
Apex fastening solutions
Jb plant hire
2019 Sunflower Qualifying and Race Programme
BISHOPSCOURT RACING CIRCUIT
Qualifying (Friday 9.15am) All sessions are timed.
1. Pre Injection
2. Supertwins / Production Twins
3. Superbike Cup
4. Superbike Pro
6. Supersport Cup
7. Supersport Pro
8. Lightweight Supersport / 250GP / Moto 3
9. Superbike Pro and Superbike Cup Qualifiers
10. Supertwins / Production Twins Qualifiers
11. Supersport Pro and Supersport Cup Qualifiers
12. Young Guns Challenge / Junior Cup / Supersport 300
Race Timetable – Friday (Podium Presentation after each race)
1. Pre Injection 8 Laps
2. Superbike Pro 10 Laps
3. Superbike Cup / Supersport Cup B Race 8 Laps
4. Young Guns Challenge / Junior Cup / SS300 7 Laps
5. Sidecars Sprint Race 6 Laps
Race Timetable – Saturday
Stewards Meeting 8.00am to 8.30am
Riders Briefing 8.45am
Warm Up – 9.15 am
Saturday Race Programme (Podium Presentation after each race except races 3, 4 & 6)
1. Lightweight Supersport / 250GP / Moto 3 8 Laps
2. Young Guns Challenge / Junior Cup / SS300 7 Laps
3. Supertwins / Production Twins 8 Laps
4. Superbike Pro 10 Laps
5. Sidecars 8 Laps
6. Supersport Pro 10 Laps
Lunch Break (Including Podium Presentation for Supersport, Superbike & Supertwins)
7. Pre Injection 8 Laps
8. The Sunflower Trophy Race 12 Laps
9. Superbike Cup / Supersport Cup B Race 8 Laps
10. S/Twins / P/ Twins (Junior Sunflower Trophy Race) 8 Laps
11. Lightweight Supersport / 250GP / Moto 3 8 Laps
12. Supersport Pro 10 Laps
13 Sidecars 8 Laps
Friday £15. Saturday £20. Week end Thursday late until Saturday close of racing £25.
Full colour A4 size Programme “free” Carpark “free” Camper / motor homes “free. Under 15 “free”
- ROAD racing bosses of the Enniskillen and Distr...
- By Kyle White Belfast Newsletter The Ulster Gra...
ROAD racing organisers have revealed a provisional calendar of dates for the 2020 Irish National season.The Cookstown 100, which traditionally k...
- Provisional Dates Announced For The 2020 Irish ...
- McAdoo Kawasaki/Gortreagh Printing Team Agree 2...
- Following a close fought battle throughout the ...
- Christian Iddon won the first of the weekends s...
- Last year Buildbase Suzuki arrived at the Bisho...
- Former British 600 Supersport Champion, and Mul...
- Former Irish Superbike Champion, Charles Stuart...